Pages

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Why Am I Writing?


Why did I decide to write my blog about indie music you ask? The answer happens to be that it is my favourite genre of music for many reasons. Indie folk music is a genre that I can turn to for many moments and experiences in my life. Whether I am sitting down trying to study, heading out for a long walk, trying to fall into a deep sleep, or practicing some yoga, this genre of music matches up perfectly to many moments in my life. There are also many moments in my life where I can turn back to and remember an exact experience or time in my life which relates to a specific song. Music has always been a passion of mine and is something that I am constantly searching out to find new artists and songs.

This blog is dedicated to providing new music suggestions of indie folk artists as well as unique songs that I will be researching on a weekly basis. Sharing these treasures with you will bring me joy in the process of getting more people appreciating this genre. Though I do appreciate many other genres of music, the genre of indie folk genre is a perfect topic to write about due to the passion I have for this type of music. Another reason I am passionate about writing this blog is because my primary hobby happens to be attending concerts. City and Colour, Ray Lamontagne, Mumford and Sons, Half Moon Run and David Grey are some of the concerts I have recently attended, just to name a few. I have had many live experiences listening to this genre of music and am excited about sharing new artists with anyone who is willing to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment