Pages

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Budapest

One of my new favourite songs that I have been listening to non stop is Budapest by George Ezra. The first time I heard this song was on the radio station called indie88 based out of Toronto. George Ezra is a new upcoming artist in the indie world from Hartford, England. At just 21 years old, Ezra has provided the indie world with amazing music that  is reaching the top 10 on many charts around the world and number one on the charts in the Czech Republic, Austria and New Zealand. 

His album Wanted On Voyage was released in late June, 2014 and is slowly starting to become a huge success with the growing popularity of the song Budapest. Ezra was not only born with extreme musical talents but he also has experience with his music knowledge as he studied at The British and Irish Modern Music Institute in 2011. Some of George Ezra’s late musical inspiration comes from  artists such as Woody Guthrie and Bob Dylan. 

In the popular indie music blog called, When The Gramaphone Rings they feature George Ezra on their Live Review section. They review him as being a breath of fresh air with a voice beyond his years. A breath of fresh air is a perfect description for Ezra’s song Budapest. This song brings me to a place of summertime drives and long sunny beach days. Listening to this tune brings me so much happiness and joy and I hope it can do the same for you!

Enjoy! 

5 comments:

  1. Been waiting for this post all week! George Ezra is my main squeeze at the moment. I can't get enough of Wanted on Voyage is actually amazing. He has such a unique voice. Nicola linked me to this to this cover. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK_mWnX4s64
    Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love Indie 88!! George Ezra definitely has some serious talent, and his vocals give him a unique voice that completely sets him apart from other indie artists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a good song, I can't help think that the radio will over play it and make everyone hate it after awhile...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your music taste! You've definitely got your own playlist on my iTunes now. I've really liked every song you've suggested. Thanks, I needed an update!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome taste in music! I just downloaded his album and I can't wait to hear his other stuff, keep the recommendations coming!

    ReplyDelete