Pages

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Half Moon Run


One of my absolute favourite things to do is attend concerts. I have probably been to over 100 concerts in my lifetime and I do NOT want to stop any time soon. One of the many concert I went to this summer was City and Colour. They are one of my favourite bands ever BUT the band that opened up for them absolutely blew my mind. The group is called Half Moon RunPrior to the concert I had never heard of them before and knew nothing about them. They played about 10 songs and I was floored by how amazing they were. The next day I downloaded every single one of their songs and today they are one of my favourite bands. 

The band is a Canadian indie rock band based out of Montreal, QC. They are made up of four members  and are lead by lead singer, Devon Portielje. So far they only have one album called, Dark Eyes, which was released in March 2012 . This band is one that is up and coming in the indie music world. It is exciting to see indie bands that are not so popular but are on an upward climb to gain awareness and recognition for their amazing talents.

The fact that the well known group City and Colour chose them for their opening act is a huge factor in helping them to gain a greater awareness to their name. The video posted this week is a song called, Call me in The Afternoon during a live BBC radio recording session. This is a unique song that shows the many talents of each individual band member. Not only does the lead singer rock it on the vocals but he also has some awesome drum solos that are like none other. Take a listen and enjoy. 

2 comments:

  1. I love going to concerts too, so much fun! Great song choice, they sound great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Half Moon Run, they're all super talented guys. Hoping they come out with some more new stuff soon!

    ReplyDelete