Pages

Wednesday 11 February 2015

The Head And The Heart

The Head and the Heart is an indie folk band based out of Seattle, Washington. So far this group has released two albums called: The Head and the Heart (2011), and Lets Be Still (2013). One thing I love about this band is their name. I believe the name represents the type of music they create and the type of artists they are as a whole. The music of this group is mentally and emotionally healing. The type of music they make is calming for the head, and inspirational for the heart. 

The song posted to the left is called, Another Story from the album, Lets Be Still. I absolutely love this song. It is one of those tunes that puts a smile on your face as you bob your head to the catchy beat of the song. This song is such a summer jam for me. It reminds me of summer drives up to the cottage or chill nights on the porch with a bottle of wine and good friends. "Another Story" makes me think of conversations with friends and the constant excitement of sharing new stories with one another. There are many experiences in life that make for great stories and this song brings me back to summer memories and stories from up at the cottage. What stories does this tune make you think about? Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Great song! I'll have to download their album... Another great band out of Seattle! - Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not usually a fan of this music but I loved this song! Definitely meant for the head & heart! Thanks for sharing Lucy :)

    ReplyDelete